– I got really good feelings from the match, – said Shirokov. – We let Amkar play football for only the first eight minutes, then they couldn`t do anything on the field. And their goalkeeper started wasting time from the tenth minute. I don`t know what he was expecting.
– When Zenit got a two man advantage the team relaxed. It looked like the team was just kicking the ball around.
– That`s what we needed. We`re going to be playing every third or fourth day for the next two months. So we were right not to run around like mad today.
– When you took the penalty kick, did you know ahead of time where you would kick it?
– Basically, when I put the ball down, I knew already where the goalie would jump.
– In Skopje you said that you believed that Akinfeev would stop Macedonia`s penalty kick. Did you believe today that you would score when you went to take the penalty kick?
– No, I came up and didn`t believe. I thought I`d miss. Of course I believed! Why would I go take it, if I wasn`t sure of myself?