– The team practices once per day, on schedule, – said Anatoly Davydov. – A lot will depend on whether or not somebody from the team is sent to the main side, or whether we`ll get players from them. We don`t know yet. Most likely we`ll use players born in 1993, and we`ll have Stanislav Matyash as the lone forward. We didn`t have Maxim Kanunnikov and Alexey Ionov with us in the previous matches, and we not get them for this match either. If we had them at the previous matches, then it`s possible we would have one and kept first place…
– The team has its last practice before the match on Friday…
– Ya, we`ll go to the hotel and discuss the match, prepare for it.
– Why didn`t things go the way Zenit-Y wanted them to in the last few matches?
– We haven`t won in the last three matches in a row, and we know that that`s unacceptable. I told my players that. Furthermore, we were guilty for that, and not our opponents. Maybe I was guilty too, and didn`t prepare the team the right way. After the last match some of the players accused their teammates of not trying hard enough in the match. And that`s really important. When a footballer tells what he things about his teammates` play, he thereby puts other players in their place, and that`s how leaders are born.
– Can all of the players play on Saturday?
– Sergey Kostin has an injury, and Sergey Petrov had an operation yesterday on his knee, on the meniscus. I talked with him yesterday, and he said he feels ok. Denis Terentyev had a small injury yesterday as well. All the other players are ready to play.
– What will be most important in the match with Krylya Sovetov-Y?
– Our spirit. When the main side plays at home you call always feel that they play aggressively, and work hard at the front. They always have players who can work at the back, and close off space. That`s the way the youth team needs to play too.