– Of course the whole team knows what we have to do to win the championship, – smiles Sergey Semak. – We all know perfectly well how we need to play and how many points we have to get for the championship. But whatever the calculations, we know that we need to have at least one more point than the other teams at the end of the year.
– Nevertheless, the match with CSKA will be really important. How important is it to you personally? Or is it less important than in the previous matches you played against CSKA for Moskva or Rubin?
– There’s no rivalry for me personally. I left CSKA a long time ago. I never hid the fact that I spent a large part of my life there, that I have a lot of friends and acquaintances there, a lot of fans, and I have a lot of respect for all of them. Those matches which I’ve played against CSKA are not more important than other matches for me. I have to do as much as possible for my team and forgot about everything else.
– You started the season in Rubin, and now you can become champion with Zenit, and in a match against a team you used to play for.
– The more teams you change, the more of these coincides there are (laughs). I don’t have any problem with that. That’s just the way it is today – a footballer can be in one team today, and in a different one tomorrow. Right now I have a new goal, new tasks, and I’m going to try and play as well as possible.