– Of those mistakes which the team made, which were the most significant?
– The first thing I would point to is that we need to increase our overall team discipline. We’re going to work hard on that. Even though we can analyze individual mistakes, it’s much more important to improve our total contribution, our overall discipline. Only in that way, if we’re all going to contribute, can we move forward.
– Why didn’t you let the player who was getting ready to take the penalty go ahead and do so? You substituted him.
– Actually, I didn"t want to do that. I asked the referee to make the substitution only after the penalty kick, but he didn’t let me do so. In my opinion he should have let the player take it.
– Spalletti made a lot of changes to his starting line-up. You probably prepared for this match. How unexpected were the changes to you, and how did they influence the match?
– They didn‘t change anything. They didn’t have any effect on us. Mr. Spalletti formed his team based on his own views, and I prepared for the match based on my views. Let me say again that one of Zenit’s main merits is its teamwork. The whole team thinks well together, they all understand what’s going on. Maybe Bukharov wanted to play more than Kerzhakov did? (Smiles.)