– After the first goal there was still pressure, of course, – said Yury Zhevnov. – But there was nothing extremely dangerous from the opponent. We were always sure about victory: both before and after our first goal.
– When did you find out that you would be starting in the match today?
– I found out two hours before the match. At the pre-game talk, as usual.
– Today`s victory basically guarantees that Zenit will make it to the next round?
– I don`t feel that we`re already out of the group. I think that Zenit will win its remaining matches as well. That`s the way Spalletti gets us ready for each match.
– When analyzing the match with Hajduk before it started, what did you focus on the most?
– We didn`t talk about any one thing in particular, we talked about a couple of people to look out for in their team. For example, the opponent`s number ten.
– How good was Hajduk?
– Hajduk is a good team. They had a couple of dangerous chances, but they couldn`t take advantage of them.
– Zenit controlled the match in the first half. Is it hard for the goalkeeper not to lose concentration in these situations?
– No. It wasn`t hard for me.
– You made an incredible save at the end of the match!
– Ya right, there was nothing special about that episode. The ball was flying into the goal, and good thing it wasn`t going right in the corner. I had time to react, and I did that.
– It will probably be harder in Croatia.
– I don`t know. Nobody can say if it will be harder or not.