– I can congratulate Zenit with a well-deserved victory, – Jacobs began his press conference. – I have to admit that the result was entirely logical. Perhaps, when the score was 2:1, we lost our concentration, and couldn`t make any more surprises… But that`s football, and our opponent was stronger.
– How hard was it to play under these conditions?
– I already said that Zenit did everything to make it possible to play. The field can`t be an excuse because it was well-prepared. It`s cold out, but we could play. Only the fans could have frozen up, but they supported their players very well.
– Are you going to hope that Zenit plays as well with AEK as it did today, giving you the chance to advance?
– Everything is clear for our match – we`re going to try and win. About the match in Athens… Zenit will play very well after a week of rest, and will probably take home three points.
– Considering the way Zenit played in defense today, it was hard to play on the ground…?
–Ya, that`s true. If we tried to play differently then we wouldn`t have been able to make even those chances that we had today.